ShareChat's Moj forays into social commerce, advertisements and hopes its creators will earn $450 million in three years
Mojis looking to help the creators on its platform generate $450 million in revenue.
- The company is introducing different avenues of revenue generation, including virtual gifting, live commerce and ad-revenue.
- The company also acquired Moj’s rival MX Takatak earlier this year, the company has finally confirmed.
AdvertisementSharechat-owned short video app Moj is looking to help the creators on its platform generate $450 million (₹3,500 crore) in revenue in the next three years, through its ‘Moj For Creators’ programme.
The company is planning to do so by introducing different avenues of revenue generation, including virtual gifting,
Moj also rewards creators for participating in and winning various challenges, contests, and trends on the platform. The program also includes grooming through preliminary and advanced genre-based training courses, mentorship, spotlight program, boot camps, influencer town halls, one-on-one coaching, and in-depth workshops on industry trends.
Sharechat — backed by Twitter and Snapchat — believes that the initiative would allow the creators on Moj to emerge as strong influencers across different genres and languages.
“Our investment will provide equal opportunity to every creator and help to not only fully discover their talent but also help them monetise it. By 2025, we envision having over one million superstar creators on Moj through this programme and, at the same time, create India's widest range of most engaging multilingual short video content,” Sachdeva added.
Sharechat was founded by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur alumni Farid Ahsan, Bhanu Singh and Ankush Sachdeva in 2015. It is a regional language-focused social media platform that banks heavily on user-generated content. The company entered the short video app domain with the launch of Moj in 2020.
The company claims to have over 180 million monthly active users.
It has raised over a billion dollars since its inception and is valued at over $3.7 billion. The company also acquired Moj’s rival MX Takatak earlier this year, the company has finally confirmed.
Bought Twitter shares in India? Here’s what will happen after Elon Musk’s acquisition and Twitter going private
After Adani Power, Adani Wilmar enters ₹1 lakh crore club tripling investors money in three months
The future of Future and three probable scenarios
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala