Super30 alumni founded startup wants to take forward the legacy of his alma mater
- Anup Raaj, a
Super30and IIT Bombay alumni, along with his co-founders Arun Kumar Gupta, Ranjan Kumar Soni, and Arvind Patel are running the edtechplatform 7Classes.
- Much like Super30, 7Classes takes up students in batches of seven and prepares them for International Olympiads, IIT JEE and NEET exams.
- It works on a patented confidence-based method of teaching.
Anup Raaj, a Super30 and IIT Bombay alumni, along with his co-founders Arun Kumar Gupta, Ranjan Kumar Soni, and Arvind Patel are running the edtech platform 7Classes. Having worked closely with Kumar, Raaj now wants to scale his startup across India, Dubai and the US.
Much like Super30, where only 30 students get coached by Kumar, 7Classes takes up students in batches of seven and prepares them for International Olympiads, IIT JEE and NEET exams.
But coaching aside, it also works on a patented confidence-based method of teaching.
“We started in 2017 and worked on a confidence-based model where after each and every question the student is asked if you are confident or not. Having tried and tested it in front of IIT Bombay and later in Bandra, we are now planning to scale it up,” Raaj told Business Insider.
Through the confidence-based model, the edtech platform uses a system of negative marking that deters students from picking the wrong answer and helps them build confidence.
The confidence-based learning management system gauges the certainty level of students before answering any question. “Working on this model has actually brought results where we are able to show real projection of results to the students,” he said.
They also assign a performance manager to the students, who guides them and helps them tackle the pressure of the exams.
7Classes, which has 151 of its students appearing for the last entrance exams, now plans to take it up to 1,000. “But all in batches of seven where we want to ensure that each student gets 15-20 minutes of one-on-one time with the teacher online to ask queries,” said Raaj.
7Classes has also raised funding from Venture Catalysts. “This year our goal is to ensure we are a known educational brand in Indian and Dubai market. Fund will be spent on building the confidence diagnosis, teacher empowerment tech in 12-15 languages to make it reachable and accessible to almost every parent,” said Raaj.
UTI AMC’s ₹2,160 crore IPO opens today — Here’s all you need to know
This startup wants to be the tech co-founder for your startup
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020