Bhuvan Bam, MBA Chaiwala’s Praful Billore, Ranveer Allahbadia & others invest $2 million in SuperCluster Pi
BII, The Man Company
Bobby Balachandranof Exterro Incled the pre-series A funding round that also saw participation from influencers Bhuvan Bam, Ranveer Allahbadia(Beer Biceps), Praful Billore (MBA Chaiwala), Arvind Arora (A2). SuperCluster Piis building an ecosystem of health and wellness focused D2C brands, helping them with their expansion.
- SuperCluster Pi aims to complete 6-8 D2C brand acquisitions over the next 12 months.
- The startup has acquired three D2C brands within the last 6 months, with a monthly reach of 30,000 consumers at present.
AdvertisementCoimbatore-based startup SuperCluster Pi – which aims to build a cluster of health and wellness-focused direct-to-consumer (D2C) brands – has raised $2 million in a pre-series A funding round led by Bobby Balachandran of Exterro Inc.
The round also saw investments from marquee angel networks such as
SuperCluster Pi is building an ecosystem of health and wellness focused D2C brands, and the startup intends to use 70% of the fresh funds to make acquisitions and the rest to fuel the growth of the brands, the company said in a statement. It is targeting acquisitions of 6-8 D2C brands over the next 12 months, aiming to create $20 million in annualised gross merchandise value (GMV) run-rate, it added.
It intends to use the rest of the funds to fuel the growth of the brands, expand its team and enhance its brand marketing activities.
SuperCluster Pi was founded by Vishnu Prasath Devarajan in 2021. The startup has acquired a total of three D2C brands over the last 6 months, reaching over 30,000 consumers every month.
It currently works with ByNature (superfood and breakfast), Auravedic (ayurvedic skincare) and
“SuperCluster Pi is on a mission to make India healthier by curating all entrepreneurial efforts in the proactive wellness sector together. We are committed to making a healthy lifestyle possible, accessible and sustainable. It will continue to grow and acquire brands in the proactive wellness sector so that our mission of building a healthier tomorrow becomes a reality,” said Devarajan.
SEE ALSO: Pain management, post-op & geriatric care market likely to double to $35 billion by FY28 : Redseer
From selling puran poli on a bicycle to being offered seat at Shark Tank: Bhaskar’s Puranpoli Ghar’s story
Popular on BI
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones
- Creating a search friendly resume – Here’s how to crack the ATS code
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts
- Best kitchen vegetable stands in India
- Pencil maker Doms to kick off December IPO season, fixes price band at ₹750-790