This startup allows you to buy groceries in societies from stocked fridges - just like a vending machine
contactless retailtech startup Gobblyhas come up with a mobile operated fridge stocked with groceries that can be installed in societies.
- Users can scan the QR code on the Gobbly app to pick up any item, and once the fridge is closed, the amount is automatically deducted from their wallet.
- The startup now aims to open 40-50 of such automated retail stores in Delhi NCR by December 2020.
The mobile operated fridge can be installed in societies and is filled with groceries. Residents who want to buy vegetables or more, can just walk down to the installed fridge and pick up groceries as per their need. They can scan the QR code on the Gobbly app to pick up any item and once the fridge is closed, the amount is automatically deducted from their wallet.
The fridge has already been installed in one of its first societies – Palm Grove Heights in Gurugram.
“India has huge mobile penetration and propensity to buy things digitally has increased multifold post corona. Gobbly is a much-needed solution for RWAs (Resident welfare association), it's a 24/7 extension of your home fridge where you can see real time inventory and purchase your fresh produce contactless,” said the co-founders of the startup Ankur Agrawal and Amit Ahuja.
The elements inside the fridge can also be customized according to the orders of the people in the society. The startup now aims to open 40-50 of such automated retail stores in Delhi NCR by December 2020.
Barely a year old in the business, the startup has raised a seed funding of $500,000 from Sauce.vc earlier this month. “We are developing a full stack automated retail technology platform with which we intend to improve the overall experience over offline shopping and traditional ecommerce. Lack of decent retail and F&B services in institutions and residential complexes is a big market gap, and we are confident of disrupting this large space through Gobbly, something which is being done in most advanced markets already,” Agarwal had said during the fundraise.
Reliance Retail’s contribution to RIL as Mukesh Ambani preps for fundraising will be key— aside from the oil shock
India revamps its education policy after 34 years — scraps MPhil, proposes vocational courses from class 6, UG colleges to become autonomous
India’s Rafale fighter jets — Here’s how it stacks up against Chinese J-20
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases