upGrad to hire over 1,400 people by March 2023
According to an official report, the company has made offers to hire people across India and global offices between November 2022 and March 2023.
"We are expanding to house the larger teams that we are bringing on board. Also, while our focus is on strong online delivery models, we encourage our current and prospective learners to meet us in person while they decide on the right program for themselves,"
The majority of the 1,400 members will be hired as Faculty, Trainers, and Experts, followed by sales and marketing, content, delivery, and learning experience.
The focus of the hires will be on their high growth areas, which include
To date, 'One upGrad' has impacted 8.2 million learners in soft skills, test prep, college-linked programmes, credential-linked programmes, placements, job changes, and career advancement.
Also, upGrad has signed new leases for 3,35,000 square feet in the last few months to be used for office space, offline campuses, learner housing, studios, and training rooms for a growing roster of teachers and faculty.
Indian edtech firm Simplilearn raises $45 million from GSV Ventures, others
Diabetes care platform BeatO raises $33 million in a series B funding round
Popular on BI
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report