Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s Paytm invests in foodtech startup HungerBox
HungerBoxraised $12 million in its latest round of funding.
- The startup which offers end-to-end food and beverage solutions, has 126 business clients.
- The startup is present in over 18 cities in India and has 1500 employees.
“We continue to focus on adding new use cases to our payments business and digitizing offline transactions. HungerBox is the market leader in the institutional FoodTech space and we will partner closely with them and bring the benefits of Paytm ecosystem to HungerBox,” said Madhur Deora, president at Paytm.
Founded in 2016, HungerBox offers end-to-end food and beverage solutions. It has 126 business clients, 1500 employees and present in over 18 cities.
Through HungerBox, users can pre-order their meals at canteens/cafeterias, power digital payments, provide feedback etc.
With the recent investment, HungerBox plans to expand its business offerings and power on its ambitions to become the world’s No.1 institutional foodtech company.
“We are following a three-pronged approach-- deepening engagement into the corporate sector where we already serve marquee businesses in India spanning 18 cities; expanding into sectors which reveal massive scope for improving F&B management, such as education, healthcare (hospitals) and retail (malls), where we have already made headway, and; expanding geographically beyond India,” said Sandipan Mitra, CEO and co-founder, HungerBox.
These are the top 10 most-funded Indian startups of the decade
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- The good news is, only old office buildings are doomed. The bad news is, that's 70% of them.
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- Musical Marathon: Backstreet Boys to Ultra music fests are ready to rock India in 2023
- IPL 2023 new rules – from two team sheets to impact player, here are the new rules
- Current Account Deficit narrows to 2.2% of GDP in Q3: RBI data
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained