Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s Paytm invests in foodtech startup HungerBox
HungerBoxraised $12 million in its latest round of funding.
- The startup which offers end-to-end food and beverage solutions, has 126 business clients.
- The startup is present in over 18 cities in India and has 1500 employees.
“We continue to focus on adding new use cases to our payments business and digitizing offline transactions. HungerBox is the market leader in the institutional FoodTech space and we will partner closely with them and bring the benefits of Paytm ecosystem to HungerBox,” said Madhur Deora, president at Paytm.
Founded in 2016, HungerBox offers end-to-end food and beverage solutions. It has 126 business clients, 1500 employees and present in over 18 cities.
Through HungerBox, users can pre-order their meals at canteens/cafeterias, power digital payments, provide feedback etc.
With the recent investment, HungerBox plans to expand its business offerings and power on its ambitions to become the world’s No.1 institutional foodtech company.
“We are following a three-pronged approach-- deepening engagement into the corporate sector where we already serve marquee businesses in India spanning 18 cities; expanding into sectors which reveal massive scope for improving F&B management, such as education, healthcare (hospitals) and retail (malls), where we have already made headway, and; expanding geographically beyond India,” said Sandipan Mitra, CEO and co-founder, HungerBox.
These are the top 10 most-funded Indian startups of the decade
Popular on BI
- AI, Oil & Gas sectors show over 20% growth in hiring in Feb: Report
- Exploring Odisha's culinary delights: A gastronomic journey through the land of temples
- IPL 2024: Sunrisers Hyderabad appoint Pat Cummins as captain for upcoming season
- Moody's raises India's 2024 growth forecast to 6.8%
- Bengaluru cafe blast case handed over to NIA, say sources