WFH effect – These companies are paying for employees' power bills, internet cost and more
- To make the ‘new’ office setting normal for
employees, companies are offering work from homeallowances.
- The allowance is to help employees buy the appropriate furniture or set up internet routers and more.
- Employees are also asking for the extra allowance to make up for the increased electricity and internet bills.
Many startups like OYO, Zomato are also looking at permanent work from home set up for their employees.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
And to make the ‘new’ office setting normal for employees, companies are offering work from home allowances to help them buy the appropriate furniture or set up internet routers and more. Employees are also asking for the extra allowance to make up for the increased electricity and internet bills.
AdvertisementWhen tech giant Google had announced work from home until the end of the year, it had also set aside $1000 for each employee for them to buy work from home furniture. The likes of Uber too followed.
Bengaluru-based G7 CR Technologies has recently announced a
Startups have also been helping their employees by sending them office chairs or laptops and also helping them set up internet connections at home. “Ensuring employees can work comfortably from home is the primary need. Some may not have high-speed internet, others might not have a comfortable work chair. We have found that providing a no-questions-asked allowance to set up a home office and partnering with brands offering such products like ergonomic chairs at a subsidised cost goes a long way in making the employee’s life that much easier,” said Anuradha Bharat, Head, People Operations at Razorpay.
Meanwhile, gaming unicorn Dream11 has planned ‘seasonal surprises’ that is doorstep delivery of goodies to cheer up employees.
After Google, PwC India declares a company-wide holiday for its employees this Friday – offers time off for a 'well-deserved' break
AdvertisementIndian public sector bank employees get 15% wage hike and performance-linked incentives after three years of waiting
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing
- Best thin and light laptops in India for 2021