WFH effect – These companies are paying for employees' power bills, internet cost and more
- To make the ‘new’ office setting normal for
employees, companies are offering work from homeallowances.
- The allowance is to help employees buy the appropriate furniture or set up internet routers and more.
- Employees are also asking for the extra allowance to make up for the increased electricity and internet bills.
Many startups like OYO, Zomato are also looking at permanent work from home set up for their employees.
And to make the ‘new’ office setting normal for employees, companies are offering work from home allowances to help them buy the appropriate furniture or set up internet routers and more. Employees are also asking for the extra allowance to make up for the increased electricity and internet bills.
AdvertisementWhen tech giant Google had announced work from home until the end of the year, it had also set aside $1000 for each employee for them to buy work from home furniture. The likes of Uber too followed.
Bengaluru-based G7 CR Technologies has recently announced a
Startups have also been helping their employees by sending them office chairs or laptops and also helping them set up internet connections at home. “Ensuring employees can work comfortably from home is the primary need. Some may not have high-speed internet, others might not have a comfortable work chair. We have found that providing a no-questions-asked allowance to set up a home office and partnering with brands offering such products like ergonomic chairs at a subsidised cost goes a long way in making the employee’s life that much easier,” said Anuradha Bharat, Head, People Operations at Razorpay.
Meanwhile, gaming unicorn Dream11 has planned ‘seasonal surprises’ that is doorstep delivery of goodies to cheer up employees.
After Google, PwC India declares a company-wide holiday for its employees this Friday – offers time off for a 'well-deserved' break
AdvertisementIndian public sector bank employees get 15% wage hike and performance-linked incentives after three years of waiting
Popular on BI
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter