Zerodha-backed Rainmatter Capital, Kris Gopalakrishnan and others invest in legal startup RuleZero
- The startup, founded in 2019 by Satish Mugulavalli and Srinivas Katta, is incubated at IndusLaw.
RuleZerois also a marketplace, which connects with other legal or fintech product and service providers.
- The round also saw participation from law firm IndusLaw and Reddy Futures LLP amongst others.
Rainmatter Capital is an incubator backed by stock trading platform
The startup manages ownership data of a company, automates share issuance processes and provides tools to track cap tables and manage transactions. RuleZero is also a marketplace, which connects with other legal or fintech product and service providers.
AdvertisementKatta said in a press statement that “manual processes, limited number of skilled professionals and the absence of a single source of truth has resulted in private companies suffering from compliance issues, limited liquidity, high financing costs and delays.” He claims that RuleZero is solving this issue.
Mugulavalli has been an entrepreneur with many startups in Silicon Valley and India and was most recently a partner at YourNest Venture Capital, an investment firm. Katta, a corporate lawyer, is one of the founding partners of IndusLaw.
Nithin Kamath, founder and chief executive of Zerodha said that Rainmatter Capital is “constantly looking out for innovative tech companies that are working on enabling and encouraging financial transactions.”
In September last year, Rainmatter Capital had invested in online learning platform Qshala.
It took one pivot and five years for this EV startup founder to hit the sweet spot for business in India
Clubhouse for Android finally launched as downloads and hype take a plunge
Bandhan Bank falls 4% after reporting an 80% fall in its net profit – positive market trends help it bounce back into the green
Popular on BI
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- South Central Railway cancels 36 MMTS trains in Hyderabad
- 7UP's mascot Fido Dido shows how to convert life’s googlies into opportunities in a new ad
- Consumers expect healthcare sector to see an increased allocation in the 2022 budget as the pandemic rages on: Kantar report
- Bharat Electronics Limited is looking to fill up 247 posts with a maximum monthly salary of ₹55,000
- iPhone SE 3, new iPad and Macs — Here’s what to expect from Apple’s spring event this year