Airtel joins hands with Capgemini to develop India-specific enterprise 5G solutions
Two 5G use cases have already been deployed by Capgemini at Airtel's 5G Lab, which are focused on smart health and immersive remote assistance for field operations and maintenance.
"Our focus will be on enabling enterprises to leverage the benefits of 5G technology and identifying exciting new use cases to fuel innovation, revolutionize business models and accelerate digital transformation," said Ananth Chandramouli, Managing Director of the India Business Unit, Capgemini.
The 5G use case solutions leverage computer vision, video analytics, augmented reality and AI/ML technologies.
"Through this partnership with Capgemini, we look forward to offering our customers cutting edge solutions, which deliver the benefits of the 5G technology," added Ganesh Lakshminarayanan, CEO-Enterprise Business,
Earlier this year,
The telecom major has also demonstrated India's first rural 5G trial as well as the first cloud gaming experience on 5G.
Airtel is currently spearheading the 'O-RAN Alliance' initiatives in India to build 5G solutions.
AdvertisementTRAI’s push to make mobile banking services via USSD free faces stiff opposition from Airtel, Vodafone Idea
Jio tariff hike and reports of bid for UK telco British Telecom help Reliance bounce back
Popular on BI
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- MSME credit demand jumps 60% from pre-pandemic levels – a sign of rebound in economic activity
- Indian fintechs to grow 10x and manage assets worth $1 trillion by 2030
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns