Airtel Xstream Premium streaming service launched in India, priced at ₹149 per month
Airtelhas launched a new streaming service called “Xstream Premium.”
- It offers access to 15 Indian and global OTTs like SonyLIV, ErosNow and Lionsgate Play.
- Xstream Premium is available only to Airtel customers.
AdvertisementAirtel today launched a new video streaming service called “Xstream Premium”. The new service offers content from 15 Indian and global OTTs in one platform. It’s available on all platforms including smartphone, tablet, laptop and even TV.
The new service is essentially an upgrade to the Airtel Xstream platform that’s currently available. Users can download the Airtel Xstream app on Android and iOS to access the new service. And the current app will also get automatically upgraded to Xstream Premium.
On Airtel Xstream, subscribers get access to over 10,500 movies and shows along with live channels from SonyLIV, ErosNow, Lionsgate Play, Hoichoi, ManoramaMax, Shemaroo, Ultra, HungamaPlay, EPICon, Docubay, DivoTV, Klikk, Nammaflix, Dollywood, and Shorts TV. So instead of getting individual subscriptions to these services, you can get a bundled monthly or yearly subscription. Airtel Xstream is however missing some popular players like Netflix and Disney+ Hotstar.
“Airtel Xstream Premium is a game-changing innovation to democratize OTT content in India by solving the key challenges of content discovery, affordability and distribution. As a unified digital platform, it’s a win-win proposition for customers and OTT players alike as we begin an exciting journey to make digital entertainment mainstream in India,” said Adarsh Nair, CEO - Airtel Digital.
With this new service, Airtel aims to offer a unified experience with a single subscription, sign-in, content search and personalisation as well. The telco is also targeting 20 million subscriptions for Xstream Premium.
Popular on BI
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- SC quashes Kerala HC order granting anticipatory bail to 4 in ISRO espionage case
- India coal production for April-Nov period up 17%, to 524mn tonnes