JioFiber vs Airtel – best unlimited broadband plans in India
Business Insider India
- Reliance Jio and Airtel have announced broadband plans with unlimited data.
- The plans also come with additional benefits such as unlimited calling and complimentary access to OTT apps.
- In this post, we have compared the plans from JioFiber and Airtel Xstream Fiber to help you decide which plan to go with.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementMukesh Ambani-led JioFiber recently revamped its broadband plans and now offers unlimited data with all its plans. Airtel has followed suit, removing FUP limits from its Xstream Fiber broadband plans and now offers unlimited data across the country.
The unlimited data plans will come as a lifesaver to people working from home, studying online and streaming content as they no longer have to worry about exhausting their data.
If you are looking for a new broadband connection and are confused between Airtel and Jio, you can look at the below comparison to decide which plan is the best for you.
JioFiber vs Airtel Xstream Fiber unlimited broadband plans
|JioFiber||Price||Airtel Xstream Fiber||Price|
In addition to offering unlimited data, Reliance Jio and Airtel have also announced additional benefits such as unlimited calling with broadband plans.
JioFiber - additional benefits
Reliance Jio has announced that all its broadband plans will come with unlimited voice calling and users will be able to avail a one-month free trial. Additionally, JioFiber plans starting at ₹999 come with OTT subscription.
The company’s ₹999 plan offers free subscription to 11 OTT platforms, including Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLiv, JioCinema and more. The company’s ₹1,499 and above plans come with free access to 12 OTT platforms, including Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar.
Airtel Xstream Fiber - additional benefits
Airtel has announced that all its Xstream users get the Airtel Xstream 4K Android Box free and a landline that offers unlimited voice calling with its plans. Additionally, users who subscribe to the ₹999 and above plans will also get complimentary access to Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and ZEE5.
The AGR verdict could lead to a Reliance Jio and Airtel duopoly in the Indian telecom sector
Supreme Court directs Airtel, Vodafone Idea and others to pay AGR dues over 10 years
Airtel and Vodafone Idea get 10 years to repay AGR dues – here’s a timeline of the case
Popular on BI
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Entropik raises $25 mn from Bessemer Venture Partners, SIG & others
- E-commerce giant eBay to layoff 500 employees
- India to grow at 6.4% in FY24 says RBI, projects FY23 growth rate at 7%
- Hero MotoCorp shares fall 2% after earnings announcement
- Cold drinks, candy & now 'change': India to test coin vending machines that use UPI