How to port vodafone to jio mobile number
The arrival of Jio in the network provider space a few years back has intensified the competition among the various networks. Jio has been alluring a large number of subscribers from other popular networks to the Jio domain by announcing some highly attractive rates, tariffs and free offers. If you are a Vodafone subscriber looking forward to port to Jio, follow these simple steps to port. By the way, porting is the process through which your existing number will move to the new network you are porting to. Hence you can continue to use your same number under the new network.
- To start the SIM porting process from
Vodafone to Jionetwork, you need to first send an SMS to 1900 from the number you wish to port. In the message box, type in <PORT<space><your 10-digit mobile number>.
- You will get an SMS from the Vodafone network which will contain the details like the UPC code (Universal Product Code) and also the expiry details.
- Once this is done, visit the app store to download the MyJio App on your phone. Open the app and follow the guidelines to generate a Jio coupon code.
- Drop in at any Reliance Jio/Digital/ Dx mini retail store located near you. You must carry your smartphone, UPC code, and Jio coupon code.
- The personnel at the store will ask you to provide an address proof and identity proof. You can furnish any of the approved documents to this end. You will also be asked to give your passport size photographs.
- Now your Jio connection will get activated at the store.
- If you are a Vodafone post-paid subscriber, you must ensure to clear all the outstanding dues with Vodafone before starting the porting process.
- Once these steps are fulfilled, the porting process from Vodafone to Jio will happen in about 7 working days. Till then you can continue to use your Vodafone number without any interruptions.
Popular on BI
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes