Jio Plus new Postpaid family plans – price and benefits compared with Airtel and Vi
Business Insider India
- Reliance Jio has announced two new Postpaid Plus family plans for its users.
- The plans start at ₹399 and offer up to 3 add-on SIM.
- In this post, we look at the new family postpaid plans and compare them with similar plans offered by Airtel and Vi.
AdvertisementMukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio has introduced two new Postpaid Plus Family Plans. The new plans are aimed at families with up to four members looking for a shared plan at an affordable price.
Jio is not the only telco that offers family postpaid plans. Airtel and Vi also offer postpaid plans to their users, starting at ₹399 and ₹699, respectively.
Jio Postpaid Plus family plans
The two Jio Postpaid Plus family plans allow users to get one primary connection and up to three additional add-on SIM. Both plans offer unlimited voice calling and unlimited SMS.
While the ₹399 plan offers 75GB of data to the primary user, the ₹699 plan offers 100GB of data. In both plans, the add-on users get only 5GB of data each. All users can avail of unlimited 5G data as part of the Jio True 5G Welcome Offer.
During activation, users will have to pay ₹99 per SIM, and after the free trial ends, users will have to pay ₹99 per add-on SIM.
If you plan on getting the ₹399 plan with three add-on SIM, you will have to pay ₹696 per month.
Jio postpaid plans compared with Airtel and Vi
|Plan||Add-on cost||Data (primary SIM)||Data (Add-on)||Apps||Add-on SIM|
|Jio ₹399||₹99 per SIM||75GB||5GB each||NA||Up to 3|
|Airtel ₹399||₹299 per SIM||40GB||30GB each||NA||Up to 4|
|Airtel ₹499||₹299 per SIM||75GB||30GB each||Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar||Up to 4|
|Jio ₹699||₹99 per SIM||100GB||5GB each||Netflix and Amazon Prime||Up to 3|
|Vi ₹699||Free||40GB||40GB each||ZEE5, Hungama Music||1|
|Airtel ₹999||Free||100GB||30GB each||Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar||3 free + 6 paid|
|Vi ₹999||Free||140GB||40GB each||Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar||Up to 3|
Jio and Airtel both have plans under ₹500, with Airtel offering two plans in this range.
The Jio ₹399 and Airtel ₹399 plan offers users unlimited calling and SMS. While Jio offers 75GB of data, Airtel has limited this to only 40GB. However, while Jio has limited the data for add-on members to 5GB, Airtel offers 30GB.
The major difference between the telcos is the amount charged for add-on cards.
AdvertisementIf you take the ₹399 plan for both telcos with three add-on SIM, you must pay ₹696 on Jio and ₹1,296 for Airtel. In this case, you will be better off taking the ₹999 plan from Airtel instead of the ₹399 plan, as it offers three free Add-on SIM.
Coming to the pricier plans, Jio offers 100GB of data and access to Netflix and Amazon Prime with its ₹699 plan. It competes with the Vi ₹699 plan that offers 40GB of data and access to ZEE5 and Hungama Music.
It is to be noted that while Vi offers free add-on SIM, customers can avail of only add-on SIM under the ₹699 plan. The telco offers 40GB of data to add-on users.
Airtel, under its ₹999 plan, offers three free SIM, 100GB data for primary users, 30GB data each for add-on users, and access to Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar.
Vi, under its ₹999 plan, offers 140GB data to the primary user, 40GB data each to up to three add-on users, and access to Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar.
Reliance Jio and Airtel add subscribers as Vodafone Idea continues to bleed subscribers
Airtel price hike announced – customers will have to pay 57% more for the telco’s cheapest plan
Reliance Jio launches its first 5G data pack – price, benefits, how to use
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening