Reliance Jio and Zupee announce strategic partnership, Jio users to get access to games
Jio / Zupee
Reliance Jiohas entered into a strategic partnership with Zupee.
- Zupee is a skill-based gaming company whose games have over 70 million downloads.
- Zupee recently raised $102 million in Series B funding.
AdvertisementIndian telecom operator Reliance
This comes soon after Zupee raised $102 million in a Series B funding round from Nepean Capital, WestCap Group, Tomales Bay Capital, AJ Capital, Matrix Partners India and Orios Venture Partners. The company has so far raised $121 million at a valuation of $600 million.
The funds raised by the company will be used to develop new products, improving immersive design experiences, expanding markers, marketing, research, talent acquisition and more.
“Jio is the perfect partner for this journey as we look to penetrate the remotest areas of India all the way to the most disadvantaged people to bring them into the fold. This resonates firmly with our idea of the internet of the future which would be open, permissionless, decentralized and limitless,” said
The Mukesh Ambani-led telco will integrate Zupee’s games into its platform, allowing its users to access the games. The company will also introduce new games in multiple languages to attract users from across the country.
Zupee’s games already have over 70 million downloads and access to Jio’s customers will help it boost its user base.
“The timing for this partnership could not be better as we are going to be focussing on innovations in Edge Computing, Decentralised Data Networks and Artificial Intelligence creating a truly global platform with the best that India has to offer,” Singh added.
JioMart taps WhatsApp to deliver groceries, vegetables
Mukesh Ambani calls for 5G roll out in India, asks it to be national priority
Why India must take first step towards 5G rollout this year
Popular on BI
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins