Reliance Jio is working on improving call quality by integrating 5G VoNR and 4G VoLTE
Reliance Jiohas started testing interoperability between 5G VoNRand 4G VoLTE.
- 5G VoNR offers improved audio quality and lower latency during calls.
- This will also remove the need for an LTE anchor, allowing the telco to use the 5G network for calls.
Advertisement5G services have still not been launched in India and telcos have been testing 5G services for some time now. In a boost to its capabilities, Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance
According to a LinkedIn post by Aayush Bhatnagar, senior vice president, Reliance Jio, the company has upgraded its 4G VoLTE network and has integrated its 5G core. This has enabled the company to test the interoperability between
What is 5G VoNR?
5G VoNR removes the need for an LTE anchor that is used in 4G VoLTE, allowing the calls placed to stay on the 5G network. This ensures improved voice quality and high-definition audio.
In simpler words, with 5G VoNR allows calls to benefit from the lower latency that 5G networks offer, while also improving the sound quality. This technology will prevent the need to fall back to 4G for voice calls – telecom companies currently switch to 4G, 3G or even 2G networks for voice calls on their 5G networks.
In short, VoNR is to 5G what VoLTE is to 4G.
Why is 5G VoNR important?
As explained above, 5G VoNR allows you to enjoy the benefits of a 5G network to its full extent. VoNR support also allows you to enjoy calls over the 5G network while also enjoying the much faster data speeds that a 5G network offers.
Imagine the early days of 4G in India – especially on Reliance Jio – when you had to use the JioVoice app to make calls over Jio’s network, especially if your smartphone did not offer full 4G support over the Jio 4G network.
RIL tumbles nearly 4% on weaker than expected profits, slowdown in retail business and decline in Jio subscriber additions
Reliance Jio reports its strongest profit growth in five quarters as it offloads millions of low quality subscribers
Jio and Airtel introduce new plans with Disney+ Hotstar subscriptions – price, benefits and validity
Popular on BI
- Slice payments app spies on photos, audio records and call history, says Google
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Tesla is laying off workers who only just started and withdrawing employment offers as Elon Musk's job cuts begin
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India