Starlink's former head Sanjay Bhargava to work on white paper for nationwide broadband access
After announcing a dramatic exit as the India head of Starlink operations late on Tuesday, Bhargava posted on LinkedIn that he has always tried to give back to India by blaming no one and inspiring everyone over the last 17 years.
"As I retire, I am thinking of writing a short whitepaper on 'Good Broadband Pan India by Dec 2023 & Ending Poverty by 2030'. Is this possible?" he wrote.
"My concern is that even though my intentions are good my words will be twisted, and all kinds of motives will be ascribed even though my only motive is to provoke thinking to achieve the METRO's (Measurable Timebound Real Outcomes) outlined in the title," Bhargava added.
"My tentative deadline to publish (the white paper) is January 15, 2022," he said.
His resignation came after the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) under the Ministry of Communications in December warned Starlink to get necessary permission required to offer satellite-based Internet services in India.
Starlink shipped 100,000 terminals to customers recently. The project aims to provide global broadband connectivity via a constellation of satellites.
SpaceX began satellite launches in November 2019 and opened its $99 per month beta programme for select customers around a year later.
Earlier, Starlink had announced that it will focus on 10 rural Lok Sabha constituencies to provide the Internet services.
Airtel and Hughes form joint venture, will offer satellite broadband service in India
Elon Musk’s Starlink faces its first setback in India even before launch
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- Budget offering: Redmi 13C and Redmi 13C 5G hit Indian market sub ₹10,000
- Market mavens expect a mega bull run in 2024 as risks fade, large caps & cyclicals to drive rally
- Value-for money Indian private schools in Dubai now have over 90,000 students
- Best split AC for medium size room in India 2023
- Nine in ten Indian firms view GenAI tools as potential security risk