Vodafone Idea and its timeline of woes
REUTERS/Danish Siddiqui/File Photo
Vodafone Ideawas recently hit by a demand of ₹53,000 crore for AGR dues.
- It is staring at liquidation as both Vodafone Pls and Aditya Birla Group have refused to invest any further equity into the telco.
- Since the entry of
Jio, Vodafone Ideahas posted cumulative losses of ₹77,000 crore, with ₹50,922 crore coming in September 2019 alone.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Electric Kettle with Stainless Steel Body, 1.5 litres boiler for Water, instant noodles, soup etc.₹ 625₹ 1195Buy On
- 55% OFF
Glun Multipurpose Portable Electronic Digital Weighing Scale Weight Machine (10 Kg - with Back Light)₹ 358₹ 798Buy On
- 40% OFF
Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS - 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr), Black₹ 748₹ 1245Buy On
- 49% OFF
VR 18 Pcs - 3 Different Size Plastic Food Snack Bag Pouch Clip Sealer Large, Medium, Small Plastic Snack Seal Sealing Bag Clips Vacuum Sealer (Set of 18, Multi-Color) (Multicolor)₹ 153₹ 299Buy On
- 46% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800 watt Induction Cooktop (Black)₹ 1728₹ 3193Buy On
Essentially, the future looks dire for Vodafone Idea. Vodafone has written down the book value of its Indian business to nil, sparking speculation that the second biggest telco in India could wind up soon. In November 2019 alone, 36 million Vodafone Idea subscribers migrated out to other networks.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUBut Vodafone Idea has more than just Jio to blame. It has stopped competing with
Here is a quick look at Vodafone Idea troubles since the entry of Jio in the Indian telecom industry.
The launch of Jio and Vodafone Idea's merger
Vodafone Idea faces losses
AGR dues and mounting losses
The present situation
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them