Vodafone Idea and its timeline of woes
REUTERS/Danish Siddiqui/File Photo
Vodafone Ideawas recently hit by a demand of ₹53,000 crore for AGR dues.
- It is staring at liquidation as both Vodafone Pls and Aditya Birla Group have refused to invest any further equity into the telco.
- Since the entry of
Jio, Vodafone Ideahas posted cumulative losses of ₹77,000 crore, with ₹50,922 crore coming in September 2019 alone.
Essentially, the future looks dire for Vodafone Idea. Vodafone has written down the book value of its Indian business to nil, sparking speculation that the second biggest telco in India could wind up soon. In November 2019 alone, 36 million Vodafone Idea subscribers migrated out to other networks.
But Vodafone Idea has more than just Jio to blame. It has stopped competing with
Here is a quick look at Vodafone Idea troubles since the entry of Jio in the Indian telecom industry.
The launch of Jio and Vodafone Idea's merger
Vodafone Idea faces lossesAdvertisement
AGR dues and mounting losses
The present situationAdvertisement
- French energy major Total set to acquire 20% stake in Adani Green Energy
- Petrol, diesel prices hiked again after a three day pause
- Gurugram: Over 4,500 health workers to get vaccine on Monday
- 13,788 new coronavirus infections reported in the last 24 hours in India
- The ₹4,600 crore IPO from IRFC is ‘attractive,’ and the best thing about the borrowing arm for Indian Railways is the assured margin