6 current and ex-Tesla employees reveal the one thing customers should know about what it's like to work there
- Tesla's customers are an unusually enthusiastic group, sometimes going so far as to volunteer to assist the electric-car maker's employees in times of need.
- Six current and former Tesla employees told Business Insider the one thing they wish customers knew about what it's like to work for the company.
- Their answers touched on the sense of purpose they feel, interactions with customers, and their compensation.
- Sign up for Business Insider's transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tesla's customers are an unusually enthusiastic group, sometimes going so far as to volunteer to assist the electric-car maker's employees in times of need.
But, as with any company, it's difficult to understand what it's like on the inside unless you've worked there yourself.
Six current and former Tesla employees told Business Insider the one thing they wish customers knew about what it's like to work for the company. Each was granted anonymity due to a fear of reprisal from Tesla.
Here's what the current and former employees said. (The employees pictured below are not those interviewed by Business Insider.)
Tesla did not respond to a request for comment on their responses.
Are you a current or former Tesla employee? Do you have an opinion about what it's like to work there? Contact this reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can ask for more secure methods of communication, like Signal or ProtonMail, by email or Twitter direct message.
It's more chaotic on the inside than it appears on the outside
Some employees feel a larger sense of purpose
But some employees lose their enthusiasm
It's not easy for some employees to find housing
Salespeople don't always have all the answers
If something goes wrong during the buying process, there are many possible explanations
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased