A third of the freshers who reskilled at Scaler Academy bagged job offers at over ₹25 lakh
- Fresh graduates who took Scaler Academy's six month coding programme secured average compensation of over ₹15 lakh from global multinationals like Amazon, Samsung, Google and more.
- Other job offers came from companies like Lido Learning, MindTickle, Delhivery, 1MG, Oyo, MakeMyTrip and Razorpay.
- Of the 182 learners on the platform, 177 previously had job offers extending an average salary of nearly ₹7.5 lakh via campus placement drives or direct recruitment.
- The learners are mentored by subject matter experts from companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter and Netflix.
A third of them also received job offers over ₹25 lakh per annum. Some other companies that provided job offers include Lido Learning, MindTickle, Delhivery, 1MG, Oyo, MakeMyTrip and Razorpay.
The academy claims that most of their students also managed to receive compensation that is twice that of their campus job offers. Of the 182 learners on the platform, 83 previously had job offers extending an average salary of nearly ₹7 lakh via campus placement drives or direct recruitment. That means, the salaries offered after reskilling was more than double, compared to the campus offers.
“Once the youth of our country is empowered with the necessary skills and knowledge, they are capable of creating hundreds of unicorns like Facebook and Google. The April 2019 batch was the litmus test to understand that. In fact, 33 of them today hold job offers that are paying over ₹25 lakh per annum,” said
While a few learners on the platform came from premier Indian institutions like Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and National Institutes of Technology (NITs), almost three-fourths of them were from tier II colleges.
“72% of our students come from non-‘pedigree’ institutions and yet they have been able to secure gainful employment opportunities with top companies, including the likes of Google. The numbers clearly suggest that most MNCs and leading start-ups are no longer only hiring from Tier1 colleges, they are increasingly looking at talent over pedigree,” added
Currently, Scaler academy has a user base of nearly 2,000 students. The learners are mentored by experts from companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter and Netflix.
“A lot of young engineers don’t always have access and exposure to the relevant technical skills or recruitment processes of global companies. Our mission is to bridge that gap and help them grow in their careers. We will help young engineers expand their knowledge and coding skills and enable them to get top tier software engineers jobs at the best global tech companies,” Singh earlier said.
TCS, Cognizant, Capgemini and other top giants who are not letting go of their new hires
Capgemini India, Cognizant and others who are giving salary hikes in times of Coronavirus
Popular on BI
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report