A TikToker showed how ChatGPT can help people prepare for job interviews — and users say it works
- A TikToker posted a viral video showing how to use OpenAI's ChatGPT for interview preparation.
- Users put the job description into ChatGPT and ask it to suggest potential interview questions.
A TikToker shared a video showing how to use OpenAI's ChatGPT for job interview prep – and users are loving her tips.
Hanna Goefft, whose username is "hanna gets hired," said in the video the trick was "the easiest way to prepare for interviews" and "worked for every single job."
She told the New York Post: "I'm a big proponent of 'work smarter, not harder,' and I'm always eager to explore new technologies that will help others succeed in their job search."
In her TikTok, Goefft showed how to paste a job description into the chatbot, ask it to generate interview questions for each point, and analyze the description for the top 10 keywords. The chatbot should respond with sample interview questions and a list of important words or phrases, she said.
Goefft said candidates should then brainstorm answers to the interview questions, ensuring they align with the keywords. This will mean job-seekers are emphasizing the experience that is most relevant, rather than projects they are proud of, she added.
Goett told Insider: "Personally, I harness the power of ChatGPT as a collaborative brainstorming partner, assisting me in generating well-rounded and insightful ideas."
"However, while ChatGPT's output is highly impressive and resembles human conversation, it is not flawless and should not be blindly relied upon," she said, adding that chatbot's content should be used as a starting point.
The video has had more than 2 million views since it was posted in March and TikTok users are enthusiastic about the hack.
One user replied: "I've been doing this for a few weeks and now I'm being flown to another state for a second interview at my dream job NO JOKE."
"I'm a recruiter and I second this," another responded. "The job description is a great source for what questions you might expect on interview. Use it!"
ChatGPT has proved useful for job-seekers in other ways as well.
It can generate convincing cover letters and help update resumes – two time-consuming tasks for candidates. However, hiring experts previously told Insider that although some AI-generated cover letters could pass for real people, they tended to lack personality.
Some employers are also on the lookout for candidates who use AI for their job applications. A recruiting expert previously told Insider that AI-generated cover letters are already becoming easier to spot.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala