Accenture launches People+ Work connect to help fired employees find jobs
- The unemployment rate in India stood at 23% in March, thanks to massive job cuts in view of the
- As unemployment swells,
Accenture, Lincoln Financial Group, ServiceNow and Verizon designed an AI platform — People+ Work Connect.
- It will provide an online employer-to-employer network to get the companies in touch with the employees who have been laid off.
- The platform, which will be free for employers to join and participate, will soon add public and private jobs.
- The platform already attracted companies like Walmart, Marriott and more — and another 250 companies are expected to onboard over the next week.
The unemployment rate in India stood at 23% in March, thanks to massive job cuts in view of the Coronavirus pandemic. As unemployment swells, Accenture, Lincoln Financial Group, ServiceNow and Verizon have designed an AI platform — People+ Work Connect.
View all Offers
View all Offers
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
- 24% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 (Light Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 12999₹ 16999Buy On
- 3% OFF
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-Core Helio G25 Processor₹ 6799₹ 8499Buy On
- 29% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G (Sky Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 16999₹ 23990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
The initiative, led by the chief human resource officers (CHROs) of the four companies, was launched to provide an online employer-to-employer network. It will help companies get in touch with the employees who have been laid off — and are in dire need of jobs.
The platform, which will be free for employers, will soon add public and private jobs and to trim the lengthy process of employment.
“By providing real-time visibility into which companies need people and where, People + Work Connect is designed to lessen the economic and societal impacts of the virus and help us work together to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of people,” said Ellyn Shook, Accenture’s chief leadership and human resources officer.
The cross-industry business to business platform will help the companies share experience and skills of employees that have been fired.
“This crisis has created massive job loss and people need help finding work. By connecting companies that are hiring with a talented and available workforce, technology is truly acting in service of people. Working together, we can quickly make a meaningful impact on the people who need it most,” Pat Wadors, chief talent officer at ServiceNow said.
As a growing number of companies are doling out pink slips, the initiative developed in 14 days, already attracted companies like Walmart, Marriott, Blue Apron, Cargill, Zenefits and more.
In fact, as many as 250 companies are expected to onboard starting next week.
“A small group of CHROs came together because we share a passion for making sure that we—and the companies we represent—are remembered for addressing this tough moment with compassion and a sense of responsibility that transcends the business we do every day,” said Lisa M Buckingham, EVP at Lincoln Financial Group.
Over 136 million jobs are at risk due to Corona lockdown — Here are the worst-hit sectors
India’s looming jobs crisis is starting to unravel within the first 21 days of coronavirus lockdown
AdvertisementUS extends H1-B visas and allows those who lose jobs to stay on 8 months
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report