Singapore to issue Tech Pass visa in 2021 — here’s the eligibility criteria for the new work permit
Singapore Tech.Pass visaprogram incentivises tech entrepreneurs from across the world to set up and operate companies in the South East Asian trading hub.
- It offers more flexibility when compared to the EntrePass visa and is valid for two years.
- Tech.Pass visa applications will open in January 2021, and only 500 are available initially.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Tech.Pass applications will be accepted starting from January 2021. Only 500 visas are available at launch on a first-come first-serve basis. Each pass will be valid for two years, and can be further renewed for two more years based on satisfying renewal criteria.
Here are all the details you need to know about the program, including who is eligible for the Singapore Tech.Pass visa.
AdvertisementWhat is the Singapore Tech.Pass visa program?
Under the Singapore Tech.Pass visa program, qualified individuals will be able to become an investor, start and operate more than one company. They will also be able to mentor and consult startups, or even become lecturers at universities in Singapore.
In addition to this, Tech.Pass holders will also be able to sponsor stay for their spouse, children or parents.
This new program offers more flexibility when compared to the existing EntrePass scheme. The EntrePass program requires individuals to be sponsored by their employers, while Tech.Pass puts the responsibility on the individual.
Who is eligible for the Singapore Tech.Pass visa program?
To be eligible for the Singapore Tech.Pass visa program, individuals will have to fulfill at least two of the following three requirements:
- Have a last drawn fixed monthly salary (in the last 1 year) of at least S$20,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency).
- Have at least five cumulative years of experience in a leading role in a tech company with a valuation/market cap of at least US$500m or at least US$30m funding raised.
- Have at least five cumulative years of experience in a leading role in the development of a tech product that has at least 100,000 monthly active users or at least US$100m annual revenue.
Singapore looks to woo global tech execs with special visa
Singapore forges ahead despite the impact of the pandemic by focusing on rebuilding and reinventing
Inside Singapore's first 'cruise to nowhere,' where vacation-starved guests took turns using the pool and carried contact tracing devices everywhere they went
Popular on BI
- Best performing core i7-powered laptops in India
- Best 27-inch Full HD monitors in India
- Best printers to print, scan and copy at home or office
- Best large capacity refrigerators for home in India
- Best mice for MOBA games in India