Credit Suisse is looking to hire over 1,000 IT employees in India as it battles controversy at home
Credit Suissehas announced that it will hire over 1,000 IT employees in India.
- Indians already form the largest portion of Credit Suisse’s global workforce, accounting for 25% of its employees.
- The announcement comes amid Swiss regulators being hot on the company’s heels for regulatory breaches and after the bank faced a massive loss due to the collapse of Archegos Capital Management.
“Credit Suisse’s goal is to leverage the large pool of skilled technology talent available in India, to further enhance its in-house core capabilities,” the bank said in a statement.
The news comes after half a dozen of the bank’s senior executives have left the firm after Credit Suisse took the biggest hit, as investment banks raced to exit their trading positions as Archegos Capital Management collapsed.
What positions is Credit Suisse hiring for in India?
According to Credit Suisse, the firm is looking to hire both developers and engineers who can focus on creating banking solutions around emerging technologies. This includes cyber security, data analytics, cloud computing, API development, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI).
“The pandemic has accelerated the use of digital solutions across many areas. We have effectively employed collaboration tools to enable seamless external and internal communication to support teamwork and effective delivery.”
The company iterated that even though the hires will be local, they will be trained to meet the firm’s global requirements, especially when it comes to delivering IT services and solutions for the bank’s businesses around the world.
Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
Mphasis aims to be a $10 billion company in the next 3-5 years — that's twice its current size
Cyclone Tauktae is intensifying with surprising speed, bearing the tell-tale signs of climate change
- iPhone SE 3 release date, specs and price — all you need to know
- OTT penetration stands at 27%, Hotstar is the preferred choice for a majority of the OTT viewers: Report
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: Qualcomm, Google Cloud partner to upgrade AI models in mobile platforms
- Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset to power Realme GT 2 Pro
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip: Improved performance, camera capabilities and more