Gary Vaynerchuk and 9 other successful leaders on how to respond when employees royally mess up
- The Oracles is a networking group of the world's most prominent entrepreneurs and CEOs.
- As a leader, it can be difficult to know how to react when your employees inevitably make mistakes that negatively affect the company.
- Depending on the circumstances, you should consider not only the mistake, but why the employee made it - did they act carelessly, or were they honestly trying their best?
- It's important to be compassionate and empower your employees to embrace making mistakes, as a fear of failure will hold them back from taking potentially rewarding risks.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
You can't avoid mistakes in life or business, so it's how you handle them that counts. Here's what these business owners and Advisors in The Oracles do when their employees make mistakes.
1. Fire high performers with bad attitudes
2. Empower your employees
3. Embrace failure
4. Ask these questions
5. Consider their intention
6. Take responsibility
7. Update your employee training
8. Be compassionate
9. Support your team
10. Treat mistakes as a chance for collective learning
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Delhi HC seeks RBI stand on PIL seeking uniform banking code for foreign exchange transactions