Goa cabinet approves employment scheme for young engineers
Engineers who have just earned their diploma or degree, and are below the age of 35, are eligible for the scheme, he said.
Projects of up to Rs 5 lakh will be allotted to engineers with a diploma, while those holding a degree can bid for works of up to Rs 10 lakh, the chief minister said.
The state-run Economic Development Corporation (EDC) will issue loans to engineers who take up such projects, he said.
Sawant said the scheme will weed out the monopoly of some contractors who often bid for small works and also provide employment for new engineers.
Persons with diploma or degree in civil engineering are directly eligible for the scheme, but the scope is also open for people who have completed the course in other streams, he added. RPS ARU ARU
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- IPL media rights value can touch $50 billion: Chairman Arun Dhumal
- Rupee tracks buoyant equity markets, rises 7 paise to 83.3/USD
- Exploring Hampi: 9 Unmissable experiences for an enriching journey
- India's power consumption grows 8.5% to 119.64 billion units in Nov
- JSW Energy appoints Sharad Mahendra as Joint MD & CEO