Goa cabinet approves employment scheme for young engineers
Engineers who have just earned their diploma or degree, and are below the age of 35, are eligible for the scheme, he said.
Projects of up to Rs 5 lakh will be allotted to engineers with a diploma, while those holding a degree can bid for works of up to Rs 10 lakh, the chief minister said.
The state-run Economic Development Corporation (EDC) will issue loans to engineers who take up such projects, he said.
Sawant said the scheme will weed out the monopoly of some contractors who often bid for small works and also provide employment for new engineers.
Persons with diploma or degree in civil engineering are directly eligible for the scheme, but the scope is also open for people who have completed the course in other streams, he added. RPS ARU ARU
Popular on BI
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden