IIFT receives highest job offer at ₹75 lakh — that’s higher than XLRI, FMS and a few IIMs
- The highest job offer at the
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade( IIFT) stood at a staggering ₹75 lakh per annum — one of the highest pay packets received so far across management institutes.
- As many as 125 companies visited the campus and the average compensation stood at ₹20.48 lakh.
- IIFT said that nearly 28% of its graduates received pre-placement offers.
The institute, which operates under the commerce ministry however saw only a marginal increase in average compensation to ₹20.5 lakh.
As many as 125 companies visited the campus this year and over 40 first-time recruiters hired this year. This includes consulting and banking majors McKinsey & Co, Reckitt Benckiser, RBL Bank and Axis Bank.
“The largest ever batch of 2018-20 has been placed in various reputed organizations. The successful placement is a testament to the rigorous academic involvement and professional exposure IIFT provides to its students,” said Rohit Mehtani, head of corporate relations and placement division.
The students received job offers from companies across sectors like consulting, banking and finance, sales, marketing and operations. The top recruiters include Goldman Sachs, Yes Bank, Dabur, TATA International among others.
Offers from tech giants — Microsoft, Wipro, Cognizant and Capgemini — for IT and product management roles also continued to grow.
The growing trend of summer placements and pre-placement offers too might have had an effect on the increased interest of recruiters. IIFT said that nearly 28% of its graduates received pre-placement offers. During the summer placements as well, the average stipend stood at a whopping ₹2 lakh a month.
“The students at IIFT were placed across 96 companies. The highest stipend offered was ₹3.2 lakh per month. This year the number of companies with an average stipend of over ₹2 lakh has increased by 46%," IIFT said during its summer placements.
Students of other B-schools like Faculty of Management Studies Delhi and Management Development Institute (MDI) are receiving salary offers that are just as good. This year, on average, FMS Delhi students received job offers that paid ₹25.6 lakh. The best paying job offer went as high as ₹58.6 lakh per annum.
These two B-schools have seen placement offers as good as those at IIMs
These are the starting salaries offered to B-school students in India
India’s best minds from IIM Ahmedabad, XLRI are heading to consulting firms
- Vehicle registrations fall 36% in July, retail sales remain a worry — festive season fuels the recovery hopes
- Heavy rainfall alert in Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Uttara Kannada, Bagalkote, Bidar, Kalaburagi, Raichur and Yadgir
- Best gaming monitors for a smooth gaming experience
- SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar hints ₹10,000 crore MSME Fund of Funds will be operational soon
- India’s Environment Impact Assessment draft is vexing a lot of people — these are the arguments against it