India’s best minds from IIM Ahmedabad, XLRI are heading to consulting firms
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad,
Xaviers School of Management(XLRI) and Management Development Institute(MDI) — say they have attracted the most promising job packages from consulting firms.
- Consulting majors McKinsey & Company,
Boston Consulting Group(BCG) rolled out 50 offers at IIM Ahmedabad.
- XLRI also attracted the highest number of offers from the consulting domain (26%). Global multinationals KPMG and PwC topped the charts.
- More than half (57%) of the offers at MDI came from companies in the consulting, BFSI, technology and telecom sectors and the average compensation too increased by 9.5% at ₹ 2.2 million.
Consulting majors McKinsey & Company,
Other recruiters included Accenture Strategy, Bain & Co., Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Deloitte. This is as per the Cluster1 placements at the IIM-A campus — which was concluded in four cohorts — investment banking and markets, management consulting, advisory consulting and private equity, venture capital and asset management.
“Consulting firms continued to hire in large numbers in the first cluster, offering management consulting roles across geographies including Malaysia and Middle East,” the institute said.
It’s not just the IIMs
This has become a common trend across B-schools. XLRI also attracted the highest number of offers from the consulting domain at 26%, this year. Global multinationals KPMG and PwC were the top most recruiters, rolling out the highest number of offers. This simply mirrored last year’s trend wherein Boston Consulting Group was the leading recruiter.
On the other hand, more than half (57%) of the offers at MDI came from companies in the consulting, BFSI, technology and telecom sectors. The average compensation at the institute too increased by 9.5% at ₹ 2.2 million. This includes 63 offers from PwC, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank and Airtel.
Last year too, IIM Bangalore reportedly scored over 30% placements in the consulting sector — including overseas job offers.
Investment banking follows
Banking, Insurance and Financial Services(BFSI ) is the second biggest chunk of recruiters. At IIM-A, Avendus and JP Morgan Chase & Co offered 18 job letters.
At XLRI too BFSI which recruited 17%, also turned out to be the highest paymaster. It offered domestic salaries as high as ₹5 million. “The increase in BFSI hiring can be attributed to a higher number of candidates opting for the finance specialization and a vibrant appreciation for finance in the form of finance associations and an in-house XLRI Student Investment fund,” XLRI said.
Overall, this placement season has been a fruitful one so far. Several management institutions — including IIM Lucknow, IIM Kozhikode, MDI, XLRI — clocked in 100% placements in the first week.
XLRI students bag domestic and international job offers with salaries over ₹50 lakh
Indian B-schools are beating the slowdown with average salary offers at ₹2.5 million
Amazon becomes the top recruiter at MDI Gurgaon with a ₹40.5 lakh offer
- Odisha COVID-19 death toll mounts to 70 with six more fatalities; 616 new cases detected
- Strict lockdown restrictions reimposed in parts of Kashmir after spike in COVID-19 cases
- Amit Sadh tests negative for COVID-19
- Understanding bat immune system may help identify new COVID-19 drug targets, scientists say
- Samsung SpaceMax Family Hub refrigerator in India for Rs 1.97 lakh