INTERVIEW: CAMS CEO says they are actively hiring through the pandemic
- In an exclusive chat with Business Insider, CEO Anuj Kumar revealed various skills that the company has been looking to augment more people.
- According to Nirmal Bang, the 30-year old company — which enjoys a monopoly in its sector — is poised for strong growth.
- According to the red herring prospectus of the company, it has 4,243 permanent employees as of June 30.
According to Nirmal Bang, the 30-year old company — which enjoys a monopoly in its sector — is poised for strong growth. “The industry is estimated to have grown at a CAGR of 17% in the past five years. According to CRISIL, the size of the MF RTA business was approximately Rs. 9 Bn in FY20,” the report said.
CAMS is hiring — Cybersecurity, data privacy, and more
In an exclusive chat with Business Insider, CEO Anuj Kumar revealed that the company has been hiring even during the pandemic, and it “continues to bolster the skill base of the company in areas which are important now.”
According to Kumar, cybersecurity is one of the crucial roles that the company is scouting for talent. “I think cybersecurity and data privacy are the largest areas that we are focused on today. And, we are onboarding a lot of cutting edge talent to make sure we can match the gold standard expected from us,” he said.
Being in a regulated compliance industry, CAMS is also looking for people on the risk and compliance side. Explaining the rationale behind that, Kumar said, “We deal with large amounts of money. And, while we traditionally have a good track record of delivering quality and error-free output— we want to continue bolstering that. Risk and compliance is another large area where we continue to augment the team.”
CAMS is also looking to increase its business on the digital front as people remain reluctant towards physical meetings in this pandemic. For which the company is looking for people with “IT capabilities” to ensure there is “very little or no downtime.”
And, if that isn’t enough, the company said it continues to hire people with specific skills that are related to their “payments business and skills related to specific areas.”
CAMS: Employee strength
|Particulars||Number of employees|
|Software solutions business||450|
AdvertisementAccording to the red herring prospectus of the company, it has 4,243 permanent employees as of June 30 at 261 locations.
SEE ALSO: CAMS IPO subscribed 82% on day one itself — CEO shares the 30-year journey to an IPO
Chemcon Speciality Chemicals ₹318 crore IPO — Here’s what works and what doesn't
- Apart from the big cat, the Pench Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh flaunts a variety of fabulous residents
- Virat Kohli is on the third position as per winning percentage as captain in international test matches
- Minor tremor felt in Jammu & Kashmir, no casualty or damage reported
- International Women's Day 2021 messages and wishes
- Budget session of T'gana Legislature likely this month: CM