Larsen & Toubro hires more than 3,000 engineering trainees in FY23
The number of female engineers hired has more than quadrupled to 1,009 trainees in FY23 from 248 trainees in FY22, L&T said in a statement.
"It is worth noting that 30 per cent of current batch of fresh engineers are women which is commendable given the fact that 75 per cent of the fresh engineers are hired from mechanical, civil and electrical streams where women candidates are less.
"Currently, women employees comprise 7.6 per cent of the total workforce at L&T, and they have already successfully forayed into fields long considered to be male bastions," company's Executive Vice President & Head, Corporate Human Resource C Jayakumar said.
The company is expanding rapidly and is currently sitting on a record order book, he said, adding, this requires keeping a steady talent pipeline of trained technical professionals for meeting effectively the current and future
"This was central to the management's decision to more than double the hiring of fresh engineers compared to last
L&T is an Indian multinational engaged in EPC projects, hi-tech manufacturing and services. It operates in over 50 countries worldwide.
Real estate investors may be turning to India following a continued slump in China's property market, says a report
Companies discussing labour shortage up by 28% in 2022: Report
Popular on BI
- Abu Dhabi's IHC exits Adani Green Energy and Adani Transmission
- World Heart Day: What treatments cost across top Indian cities and how to stay covered
- World Heart Day delights: Yoga, exercise, and heart-healthy living
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors