Paytm Money set to hire 250 engineers for its new technology centre in Pune
Paytm Money, the financial services arm of digital payments, has set up a Technology Development and Innovation Centre in Pune.
- The company is looking to hire 250 engineers across the front-end, backend as well as data scientists.
PaytmMoney is headquartered in Bengaluru and already has a team of over 300 employees.
AdvertisementPaytm Money, the financial services arm of digital payments, has set up a Technology Development and Innovation Centre in Pune. The new facility will aim to drive product innovation, specifically in the areas of equity, mutual funds, and digital gold, the company said in a statement.
The company is looking to hire 250 engineers across the front-end, backend as well as data scientists. Paytm Money is headquartered in Bengaluru and already has a team of over 300 employees.
“We continue our vision to leverage technology to lower costs for our consumers and provide a solid, innovative and stable platform. We need solid engineering talent to ensure we meet our ambitions,” said Varun Sridhar, chief executive officer of Paytm Money.
In a recent interview, Sridhar had also said that Paytm Money will break even in three years.
The online investment platform offers stockbroking, mutual funds, and other wealth management services. It also recently launched IPO investments on its platform, through which retail investors can apply for investments in Initial Public Offers (IPOs) in India.
It had also ventured into Futures & Options trading (F&O) on its platform.
The slew of new features launched by Paytm Money is aimed at gaining market share in the online wealth management industry. The company already has over seven million users, and by the end of FY21 it hopes to have achieved 10 million users and 75 million yearly transactions.
EXCLUSIVE: Inside Ritesh Agarwal’s family office and its early investments
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Sensex, Nifty50 trade in the green amidst volatility: Coal India, Airtel, Maruti Suzuki amongst top losers
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June