PRESENTING: How a freelance writer made over $10,000 in September
When Lola Méndez left her job in public relations to see the world in 2015, she swiftly transitioned to
Previously a senior manager at a strategic branding agency, Méndez was able to transfer her skills in keeping a meticulous editorial database and detailed tracking doc for pitches to freelancing. She now uses an Excel spreadsheet to track any pitches, articles, and outstanding payments.
After hitting her first five-figure month in September, she shares with Business Insider her best practices on landing clients — even during the pandemic — and keeping her gigs organized.
"Freelance writing is my career — not a hobby," Méndez said. "I don't aspire to hit this milestone monthly, but I'm thrilled to have reached this financial accomplishment."
Subscribe here to read our feature: I made over $10,000 in September as a freelance writer. Here's how I landed gigs quickly and the system I use to stay organized.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins