PRESENTING: How a freelance writer made over $10,000 in September
When Lola Méndez left her job in public relations to see the world in 2015, she swiftly transitioned to
Previously a senior manager at a strategic branding agency, Méndez was able to transfer her skills in keeping a meticulous editorial database and detailed tracking doc for pitches to freelancing. She now uses an Excel spreadsheet to track any pitches, articles, and outstanding payments.After hitting her first five-figure month in September, she shares with Business Insider her best practices on landing clients — even during the pandemic — and keeping her gigs organized.
Subscribe here to read our feature: I made over $10,000 in September as a freelance writer. Here's how I landed gigs quickly and the system I use to stay organized.
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days