PRESENTING: How entrepreneurs use apps like Poshmark to turn side hustles selling clothes into full-time gigs earning 6 figures or more
Recycling and reselling clothes allows shoppers to wear new-to-them outfits instead of repeating pieces they've already posted on social media. People are keeping their clothes for half as long as they used to, according to a report by Business of Fashion.
Shopping apps like Poshmark, Vinted, TheRealReal, and ThredUp are making resale an approachable market to start a side hustle or a full-fledged business. To get started, you only need to download the app on your phone and find some clothes in your closet that you're willing to get rid of.
Business Insider spoke with two Poshmark sellers who turned their side hustles into businesses making up to six figures. Subscribe to learn how they scaled their shops based on sales and followers.
Subscribe here to read our feature: How entrepreneurs use apps like Poshmark to turn side hustles selling clothes into full-time gigs earning 6 figures or more
If you've created a successful side hustle or six-figure business on Poshmark and would like to share your story, please reach out via email at email@example.com.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal
- 70-plus Indian startups show exit door to 21K techies, more pink slips coming
- Steps taken in subsidence-hit Joshimath inadequate, declare Himalayas eco-sensitive zone, say experts