RBI wants interns from January and will pay ₹45,000 a month — here’s who should apply
RBIis hiring 20 research interns for a period of six months in Mumbai.
- Selected candidates will also be entitled for a monthly stipend of ₹45,000 per month.
- RBI offers internships twice a year for six months each — January to June and July to December.
The internships are open to those who would like to seek positions in government research institutions, or financial institutions that require a quantitative and analytics orientation.
Candidates selected for the internship will be given a choice to select the area of research under these four departments — Department of Economic and Policy Research (DEPR), Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM), Strategic Research Unit (SRU), International Department (ID).
Selected candidates will also be entitled to a monthly stipend of ₹45,000 per month.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
Educational qualifications required for the role department wise —
- For DEPR: Postgraduate in economics/banking /finance or MBA in finance.
- For DSIM: Postgraduate in statistics/econometrics/economics or Bachelor of engineering (B.E)/Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in computer or MBA in finance.
- For SRU: B.Tech/B.E. or Postgraduate in economics/finance/statistical science or those with expertise in computer or data analytics.
- For ID: Postgraduate degree in economics/statistics/finance/international finance/ international trade/MBA with specialization in finance/banking/international relations.
Selection procedure —
Candidates will be shortlisted by the bank based on their CV/resume, references and statement of purpose and will be called for a personal interview.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV, references and statement of purpose along with duly filled application form to the email-id of the specific department desired by the applicant. You can find the relevant email IDs here.
Other rules and regulations —
- The interns will be entitled to leave at the rate of 12 days per six months (leave will be calculated on a pro rata basis for any fractional period) and any absence beyond the above period will be treated as leave without compensation.
- Interns will be required to make accommodation arrangements of their own.
- The intern should necessarily complete the 6 months internship period after selection and if the candidate decides to terminate the same, a notice period of at least one month must be served. If under any circumstances, the intern is unable to serve the notice period he/she would have to pay an amount equivalent to one month’s stipend.
- Incomplete applications and applications without CV, references and statement of purpose are liable to be rejected.
- RBI reserves the right to terminate the internship with a notice period of one month without giving any reason.
Delta variant still responsible for 99% of COVID-19 cases globally, says WHO
Fintech firm Slice becomes India's new unicorn
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar