Reliance adds over 2 lakh new jobs in India in FY22 – every 3 out of 4 new jobs are from retail alone
- As many as 1.5 lakh of these employees were hired by Reliance Retail, the retail arm of RIL.
- It claims that Reliance Retail is one of the biggest employers in India, with over 361,000 employees in total.
- Reliance spent close to ₹18,775 crore ($2.4 billion) on employee benefits expense in FY2022.
AdvertisementThe Mukesh Ambani-led oil-to-chemical conglomerate Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) added over 2.1 lakh new employees on its payroll in the fiscal year 2022, the company said in a statement. As many as 1.5 lakh of these employees were hired by Reliance Retail, the retail arm of RIL.
The company now claims that Reliance Retail is one of the biggest employers in India, with over 361,000 employees in total.
“During the year, Reliance has also been able to generate significant employment opportunities for the people of our country and continues to remain amongst India’s largest private sector employers,” said RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani.
“Over the past year, we added over 2.1 lakh new employees across our businesses with our consumer and technology business creating a large part of these new jobs,” he added.
Reliance Industries Limited, on a consolidated basis, spent close to ₹18,775 crore or $2.4 billion on employee benefits expense between April 2021 and March 2022. This represents an increase of nearly ₹4,000 crore compared to the same time period in the previous year.
Source: Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
|Timeline||Employee benefits expense|
|Oct-Dec 2021||₹4,660 crore|
|Jan-Mar 2022||₹5,278 crore|
Reliance Industries Limited reported gross revenue of ₹792,756 crore (about $105 billion) in gross revenue in the fiscal year 2022. Its net profit stood at ₹67.845 crore in the same time frame.
On a quarterly basis, the company reported ₹2.32 lakh crore )$30.7 billion) in revenue. The company reported a net profit of ₹18,021 crore ($2.4 billion) in January-March quarter, which is equivalent to the amount Reliance spent on employee benefits last fiscal year.
Reliance Retail hits ₹2 lakh crore in revenue, adds over 2,500 stores in the last one year
Deepinder Goyal donates his Zomato stock options worth ₹700 crore to offer free education for delivery partners’ children and more
Delhivery IPO size cut down by a third due to market volatility and LIC IPO, say analysts
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore