Steve Wozniak is still technically an Apple employee - and he says his paycheck is $50 per week after savings and taxes
- Steve Wozniak is still an Apple employee, and he makes around $50 per week after taxes from the company, he told Guy Kawasaki in a podcast interview released on Wednesday.
- Wozniak said he's "the only person who's received a paycheck every week since we started the company."
- He said he stayed on the team at Apple "out of loyalty" and also because "nobody's gonna fire me."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Steve Wozniak is still an employee at Apple, and his paycheck is about $50 per week after savings and taxes, the Apple cofounder said in an interview with Guy Kawasaki.
"I'm still an Apple employee - the only person who's received a paycheck every week since we started the company," Wozniak said in a podcast interview released on Wednesday and covered by 9to5Mac. After savings and taxes, Wozniak said he gets "$50 a week or something into my bank account."
Wozniak said that while the amount is small, he has stayed on the payroll at Apple "out of loyalty."
"What could I do that's more important in my life?" Wozniak said. "Nobody's gonna fire me, and I really do have strong feelings always for Apple."
Wozniak, who has made comments about the tech industry like calling for people to ditch Facebook, said that while Apple could ask him to be more involved, he enjoys his freedom to speak freely without being associated with Apple's day-to-day operations.
"The thing is I really can't be inside operations because I'm just too outspoken and honest, and I don't want to give that up," he said.
Listen to Wozniak's full interview over on Apple Podcasts.
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar