TCS plans to add 30,000 freshers to its ranks to reshape its cost structure
- TCS plans to add 30,000 freshers to its ranks during this financial year.
- TCS hired the highest number of employees in a quarter during Q2 2019 bringing 14,097 employees onboard.
- The company’s current headcount stands at 450,738.
"When the technology is new or the demand is good, you don’t optimise. But, now that the volumes have started kicking in, we can get younger guys and train them," Rajesh Gopinathan, CEO and MD of TCS, told Business Insider.
Last quarter, TCS hired 40% of the planned 30,000 fresh graduates. "It is a part of the plan to keep costs low," added Gopinathan.
It hired another 14,097 employees this quarter, the highest ever number of employees that have been on boarded by the company in a quarter.
As of 30 September 2019, TCS consolidated headcount stood at 450,738.
"By valuing our employees for the contextual knowledge they possess, and continually investing in equipping them with newer technology skills, we have established an industry benchmark in our ability to attract talent across the world," stated Milind Lakkad, the global head of human resources at TCS.
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days