The number of UK job ads mandating a COVID-19 vaccine jumped 189% in 3 months on jobs board Adzuna. The 'taboo' around mandates is 'breaking,' its CEO said.
- More and more UK job postings require applicants to be vaccinated, the job site Adzuna said.
- UK posts on the site that mandated COVID-19 shots rose 189% between August and October, Adzuna said.
The number of UK job adverts explicitly requiring applicants to be vaccinated nearly trebled in the three months to October on a popular online
Figures published by Adzuna showed the number of UK job posts on the site requiring job seekers to be vaccinated shot up 189% between August and October. In October, the site listed 2,324 jobs requiring a COVID-19 vaccine, up from 805 in August.
Andrew Hunter, a cofounder of Adzuna, told The Guardian that the "taboo" around
Currently, 0.19% of all UK job ads on the site now require job seekers to be vaccinated. While still a small proportion, it marks a consistent rise in recent months. In July, 0.07% of vacancies stated vaccine requirements.
Other than frontline health and care home workers, UK firms are not legally required to demand their staff get vaccinated, but many appear to be taking the lead from US firms, which are increasingly requiring vaccines, Hunter said.
In the US, under President Joe Biden's vaccine mandate, firms with more than 100 staff have until January 4, 2022 to ensure their
In the US, 0.9% of job ads on Adzuna's site are currently mandating vaccines — about 69,000 of a total 7.9 million vacancies. Adzuna also said that it was seeing evidence of US employers offering bonuses as incentives to get a shot, and that some were explicitly stating when a job seeker doesn't require a shot.
Polls suggest that the majority of workers in the US want their job to require a vaccine. One veterinarian went as far as quitting because their coworkers refused the jab.
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India
- India issues notice to Pak seeking review, modification of Indus Waters Treaty
- Locals protest in Joshimath against slow pace of efforts to save town
- Cyber criminals syndicate operating from China and Dubai unearthed, had cheated 11,000
- Bank unions defer Jan 30-31 strike