These were the 15 best CEOs of 2019
- Career site Comparably released its annual ranking of the best US chief executive officers in 2019. The ranking reviewed self-reported employee data.
- Many of the CEOs on the list head tech companies on the West coast and in Silicon Valley. These executives include Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn and Satya Nadella of Microsoft.
- There is only one female CEO in the top 15.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Employees love tech CEOs.
Comparably released its annual ranking of the best CEOs of major US companies. The career site used data from 10 million user ratings submitted over the course of a year. Users anonymously rated their CEO using a numerical score.
Tech CEOs, like Satya Nadella of Microsoft and Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn, came out on top. Nine of the top 15 CEOs lead companies on the West Coast.
White men made up the overwhelming majority of the top 15. The sole woman was Lynn Jurich, CEO of the solar electricity provider Sunrun, who took the 10th spot. Two Asian-American men - Nadella and Sundar Pichai of Google - made the top 15, and no black or Latino men appeared at all.
Here are the top 15 best US chief executive officers. The full list can be found on Comparably's website.
15. Craig Menear, CEO of The Home Depot
14. Ryan Smith, CEO and cofounder of Qualtrics
13. Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
12. Mark Mader, CEO and president of Smartsheet
11. Sasan Goodarzi, CEO of Intuit
10. Lynn Jurich, CEO and cofounder of Sunrun
9. Bert Bean, CEO and president of Insight Global
8. Kevin Lobo, CEO and chairman of Stryker
7. Charles Butt, CEO and chairman of H-E-B
6. Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn
5. John Legere, CEO of T-Mobile
4. Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft
3. W. Craig Jelinek, CEO of Costco
2. Brian Halligan, CEO and cofounder of HubSpot
1. Eric Yuan, CEO of Zoom Video Communications
- Home loan tax deductions: Self-occupied vs rented, the differences
- India heads to ICC Cricket World Cup as No. 1 ODI side in ranking
- Sidharth Malhotra to Varun Dhawan, celebs wish newlyweds Parineeti Chopra, Raghav Chadha
- Musk showcases Tesla humanoid robot performing Yoga, Namaste
- Dabur’s Burman family makes open offer to acquire stake in Religare Enterprises