These were the 15 best CEOs of 2019
- Career site Comparably released its annual ranking of the best US chief executive officers in 2019. The ranking reviewed self-reported employee data.
- Many of the CEOs on the list head tech companies on the West coast and in Silicon Valley. These executives include Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn and Satya Nadella of Microsoft.
- There is only one female CEO in the top 15.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Employees love tech CEOs.
Comparably released its annual ranking of the best CEOs of major US companies. The career site used data from 10 million user ratings submitted over the course of a year. Users anonymously rated their CEO using a numerical score.
Tech CEOs, like Satya Nadella of Microsoft and Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn, came out on top. Nine of the top 15 CEOs lead companies on the West Coast.
White men made up the overwhelming majority of the top 15. The sole woman was Lynn Jurich, CEO of the solar electricity provider Sunrun, who took the 10th spot. Two Asian-American men - Nadella and Sundar Pichai of Google - made the top 15, and no black or Latino men appeared at all.
Here are the top 15 best US chief executive officers. The full list can be found on Comparably's website.
15. Craig Menear, CEO of The Home Depot
14. Ryan Smith, CEO and cofounder of Qualtrics
13. Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
12. Mark Mader, CEO and president of Smartsheet
11. Sasan Goodarzi, CEO of Intuit
10. Lynn Jurich, CEO and cofounder of Sunrun
9. Bert Bean, CEO and president of Insight Global
8. Kevin Lobo, CEO and chairman of Stryker
7. Charles Butt, CEO and chairman of H-E-B
6. Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn
5. John Legere, CEO of T-Mobile
4. Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft
3. W. Craig Jelinek, CEO of Costco
2. Brian Halligan, CEO and cofounder of HubSpot
1. Eric Yuan, CEO of Zoom Video Communications
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee
- Byju’s acquires yet another coding-for-kids startup, this time an American one