It’s not just tech — there is a severe shortage of talent in these sectors
- Manpower Employment Outlook survey revealed 89% of the employers facing struggle to fill vacancies in India.
- The survey was conducted by interviewing around 3,406 employers in India to gain a perspective on the overall employment outlook in India in the fourth quarter of 2021.
- The hiring plans are reportedly the strongest in seven years. Companies plan to increase hiring in the fourth quarter of 2021.
A new survey by Manpower Employment Outlook revealed that despite several companies being on a hiring spree in India, 89% of the employers are facing a hard time in filling up vacancies. The major reason behind this is lack of skilled talent.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 39% OFF
Samsung 32 inch (81.28 cm) M7 Smart Monitor with Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video and Apple TV Streaming (LS32AM700UWXXL, Black)₹ 33299₹ 33299Buy On
- 14% OFF
HP Pavilion 14, Intel 11th Gen i5 16GB RAM/512GB SSD 14 inch(35.6 cm) Laptop, FHD IPS Anti-Glare Display/Iris X Graphics/Backlit KB/B&O Audio/Fingerprint Reader/Win 11/Thin & Light/1.41kg, 14-dv1001TU₹ 72200₹ 72200Buy On
- 35% OFF
Seagate One Touch 2TB External HDD with Password Protection – Black, for Windows and Mac, with 3 yr Data Recovery Services, and 4 Months Adobe CC Photography (STKY2000400)₹ 5114₹ 5114Buy On
- 39% OFF
Airtel AMF-311WW Data Card (Black), 4g Hotspot Support with 2300 Mah Battery₹ 1999₹ 1999Buy On
- 22% OFF
Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 2021 Intel Core i5 11th Gen 14 inches FHD IPS Business Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/MS Office/Backlit/Fingerprint Reader/Arctic Grey/1.41kg), 82H700KTIN₹ 57490₹ 57490Buy On
The hiring plans are reportedly the strongest in seven years. Companies plan to increase hiring in the fourth quarter of 2021. The sentiment marker for the Oct-Dec 2021 period is up 37% compared to the preceding three months and up 40% as compared to last year’s fourth quarter.
The survey was conducted by interviewing around 3,406 employers in India to gain a perspective on the overall employment outlook in India in the fourth quarter of 2021.
The recent spike in the use of technology, since the pandemic broke out, had led to a sharp rise in demand for engineers and tech-savvy talents. However, the new survey shows that the talent crunch extends beyond the tech vertical too.
The graph clearly shows the
AdvertisementTo fill the job vacancies, organisations are offering different incentives — 55% of them are offering training, skills development or monitoring, 49% offer more flexible work schedules, 41% offer increased wages, 25% lower job skills or experience requirements.
The sequence of events leading up to the exit of Gaurav Gupta from Zomato
Google, Apple and Facebook move aside — Ethereum is offering users control over their data with a new sign-in method
Popular on BI
- EXCLUSIVE: CoinDCX plans to hire more than 2,000 people this year — and they are not just looking at coders
- Amazon Sale 2022: Deals and offers on daily essential products
- Reliance Retail buys 54% stake in robotics firm Addverb Tech for $132 million
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 – best deals on smartwatches and fitness bands
- After Maruti, now Tata Motors raises car prices marginally