Wipro increases hiring plan to 30,000 as attrition hits a new high
- Wipro plans to increase its freshers headcount by 30,000 in 2023.
- The attrition rate has gone up to 22%.
- Wipro has decided to close its offices globally for the next four weeks.
AdvertisementIT services giant Wipro plans to hire 30,000 freshers in 2023 as attrition rate increases to 22%.
In the current financial year ending March 2022, the company would have hired 70% more freshers compared to last fiscal, Chief Financial Officer Jatin Dalal said.
Rise in attrition leads to higher employee cost and narrower margins. This has been a problem for all technology companies in India in recent months. For Wipro, the rate of employees leaving the company has been the highest in the December quarter.
The management assured investors that it expects the attrition to moderate in the coming months and that it will not allow the lack of hands to affect the spike in demand from clients.
Wipro has decided to close its offices globally for the next four weeks. The company CEO Delaporte stated that the return to offices would be re-calibrated based on the evolving situation of the pandemic.
Wipro CEO says dollar revenue will grow 2-4% in the next three months
Popular on BI
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn