Congratulations! ISRO's Mangalyaan Brings Glory For India, Successfully Enters Martian Orbit
At 7:10 am (IST), state-run Indian Space Research Organisation (
After Mangalyaan entered the Mars orbit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was present at the ISRO Telemetry Tracking and Command Network, said, “History has been created today. We have dared to reach out into the unknown and have achieved the near impossible."
The Prime Minister congratulated Indians and ISRO scientists for the success, adding that the success of India's mission to Mars "will go down as landmark in history.”
With the help of five scientific instruments on board, the Rs 450-crore Mangalyaan will study the Martian surface, its mineral composition and scan its atmosphere for methane gas.
ISRO has now become the fourth international space agency after National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) of the US, Russian Federal Space Agency (RFSA) and European Space Agency to undertake a mission to Mars.
Not to forget, India made history by becoming the first country in the world to enter the Martian orbit in its maiden attempt and this ends the much-anticipated rendezvous of Mangalyaan with the Red Planet.
Popular on BI
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Nifty headed for lifetime high in June, analysts recommend capitalising on dips
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL