Facebook’s Metaverse announcement is giving blockchain games a boost
Axie Infinityhas earned %190.9 million in revenues over the past 30 days, surpassing OpenSea. metaverseannouncement last year has put many blockchain games on the growth path.
- The AXS token reached an all-time high of $162 after the Facebook rebrand.
Decentralized games play an important role in the future metaverse that men like Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg want to build. But they have also been opposed by gaming companies like Valve, which banned blockchain-based games from Steam recently. But these companies may find it more difficult to argue against these games if they keep racking up the numbers in terms of revenues.
To that end, popular blockchain-based game Axie Infinity has surpassed NFT-platform OpenSea in 30 day revenue numbers for the first time, according to crypto journalist Colin Wu, who cited data from Token Terminal, a data analytics platform for crypto assets.
“In the past 30d, Axie Infinity continued to lead the way with $190.9 million in revenue from Dapps. With the cooling of the NFT market, dYdX surpassed OpenSea with 30d $66.9million in agreement income,” Wu noted on Twitter.
In comparison, OpenSea, which is one of the biggest NFT-auctioning platforms in the world, earned $66.9 million during the same time.
NFT games on the rise
Axie Infinity has been growing fast over the past three months, with over 200% revenue growth in the last three months. Mark Zuckerberg’s plans to shift Facebook’s focus to building the metaverse, led the game’s token - AXS - to its all-time high price of $162. Facebook rebranded to Meta last week, and said it plans to focus on virtual reality and augmented reality products to build the metaverse. The AXS token has appreciated by 200% over the past three months.
Facebook’s metaverse plans may help the social media giant in future, but at the moment it’s helping blockchain game developers. Axie Infinity isn’t the only game that has seen such growth. Decentraland’s MANA has gained a whopping 300% since Facebook’s rebranding, less than a week ago.
According to DappRadar, four of the top 10 games in terms of volume have gained more than 20% users in the past seven days. One game, called Wanaka Farm, has increased its user base by over 500% in the past seven days, while Axie Infinity’s use base itself has grown by 5% at the same time period.
It would be nearly impossible for India to ban cryptocurrencies — here’s why
Ethereum hits a new record while Shiba Inu crashes as rest of crypto market recovers
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach