Indian sports buffs can now vote for their favourite team’s jersey using blockchain
Sportzchainis one of India's first blockchain-based sports fan engagement platforms.
- Fans can impact a team's sporting decisions like clothes, training, schedules etc.
- The native token of the platform $SPN will be minted in August 2022.
Fans now have the power to make their opinions count, be it on deciding jerseys for the team's training sessions or other elements. The users can vote on binding/non-binding polls for two Kabaddi and one Cricket team, to express approval or disapproval on team decisions. The native token of the platform $SPN will be minted in August 2022, whose possession will be necessary to gain access to the Sportzchain fan tokens.
"This is the first time in the India arena that a platform is enabling fans to impact a team's sporting decisions like training, jersey design, playing schedules, etc. At present, we are planning to induct three polls. Soon, we will launch fan tokens so that they can join this tokenized membership of their favourite team’s sporting decision and also partake in financial gains,” said
Sportzchain, founded in March, will provide fans with an implementable poll platform that ensures their involvement in a team's growth journey.
Different from a Twitter poll
Fan tokens and the blockchain-powered fan engagement platform differ significantly from Twitter polls. Twitter polls can impact non-team decisions. In contrast, blockchain-powered fan engagement platforms allow sports fans to get involved and influence team decisions directly, with the blockchain element providing authenticity and accountability.
Sportzchain currently has the Kabbadi teams of Dabbang Delhi and
GTA 6 may get a female protagonist – launch date and everything we know so far
Decoding the future of IT operating models
Popular on BI
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Biden sends letter to Yoon expressing willingness for talks on IRA
- India reports 2,468 fresh Covid cases, 17 deaths
- TRS meeting underway to convert itself into national party
- Concerned over growing population, the RSS chief calls for a comprehensive policy to check it (Ld)
- EU votes for law that will force Apple to ditch lightening port for Type-C by 2024