NFT platform OpenSea tops $1.5 billion in 30-day trading volumes
OpenSeais the world’s largest NFTmarketplace.
- The company recorded over 14,000 unique wallet addresses involved in transactions over the past 30 days.
- Total volume on August 23 amounted to over $1.67 billion.
AdvertisementNon-fungible tokens, or NFTs, have been the rage over the past year. According to data from decentralised apps tracker DAppsRadar, 30-day trading volumes for NFTs on OpenSea have topped $1.56 billion.
OpenSea is the largest NFT marketplace in the world and recorded a volume increase of 542% over the last month, registering over half of its total lifetime trade volume of $2.423 billion during the period.
The growth comes at a time when crypto markets worldwide have been witnessing an upturn after a brief slowdown since April this year. Prices of
According to DAppsRadar’s data, OpenSea recorded over 181% user growth in the last 30 days, with over 140,000 unique wallet addresses involved in transactions. Over 1.57 million transactions took place with a total volume of around $1.67 billion.
Large NFT sales driving the market
The market has been driven by big sales, not only in terms of value but also because of who is selling these NFTs. The first half of 2021 has seen NFTs being minted by pop star Katy Perry and rapper Jay-Z to the founder of the Internet, Tim Berners Lee. Lee tied up with auctioneers Sotheby’s back in June to sell the source code of the Internet. The auction eventually fetched over $5 million.
But popular celebrities aside, NFTs have also gained prominence in sports, something that could drive a lot of new traders and buyers to the industry. Indian NFT platform, Ratio, announced a cricket-based NFT service last week, while billion dollar football clubs from all over the world have also jumped into the space. As has the United States’ National Basketball Association (NBA).
In fact, NBA Top Shots follows OpenSea in the fourth spot for top NFT selling platforms in the world right now. The platform was launched less than a month ago, on August 4. DAppsRadar reports that the platform has handled $1.728 million in trade volumes over the past 24 hours alone, with seven-day volumes crossing $7 million.
OpenSea’s growth is a boon for the industry, which has been fighting to gain credibility in different countries. Experts have said that interoperability, scalability, authenticity and storage could be a problem for platforms in future. OpenSea supports the
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
Cardano overtakes Binance Coin to become the third largest cryptocurrency — here’s what’s driving the rally
Lionel Messi’s NFT crypto art collection ‘Messiverse’ is dropping on Ethernity tomorrow
Popular on BI
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data