BSF troops fire on Pakistani drone spotted in the Jammu district, probe initiated
Pakistani dronewas spotted in the Arnia area of the RS Pura sector of Jammu this morning.
- Several shots were fired to push back the drone.
- The forces said a massive search operation is underway to trace weapons or explosives.
AdvertisementThe Border security force (
BSF sources said, "Alert
"A massive search operation has been launched to trace any weapon or explosive that it might have dropped."
"A blinking light suspected to be from a drone was observed in the Arnia area (along the International Border) about 4.15 a.m. today."
"Alert BSF troops fired at the flying object which was at a height of about 300 metres, causing it to withdraw."
The security forces have been alert to attempts being made by Pakistan and militant outfits across the border to smuggle weapons, ammunition and explosives through drones via the International Border in Jammu region to arm militants.
Forces have shot down several drones in the recent past in Jammu, Kathua and Samba sectors and seized their payloads, including rifles, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), sticky bombs besides narcotics.
Apple brings a new lock screen experience in iOS 16 with new widgets, revamped notifications and more
Microsoft scales down its Russia business after suspending sales of new products and services
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore
- Top 5 places to visit in Lonavala
- Meet the heroes of Chennai Super Kings’ who helped Dhoni lift IPL 2023