India has world's fourth strongest military, according to Military Direct's study
The study said "ultimate military strength index" was calculated after taking into consideration various factors including budgets, number of inactive and active military personnel, total air, sea, land and nuclear resources, average salaries, and weight of equipment.
China has the strongest military in the world, scoring 82 out of 100 points in the index, it noted.
Advertisement"Based on these scores, which account for budgets, men, and things like air and navy capacity, it does suggest that China would come out as top dog in a hypothetical super conflict," it mentioned.
The world's biggest military spender with a budget of USD 732 billion per year is the USA, it noted, adding that China comes second with USD 261 billion, followed by India at USD 71 billion.
"China would win by sea, USA by air and Russia by land" in this hypothetical conflict, it said.
"USA wins in an aerial war with 14,141 total airships vs Russia with 4,682 and China with 3,587. The
China wins in a sea war with 406 ships vs Russia with 278 and the USA or India with 202, it said.
A 4-foot-tall humanoid robot called Doozy may just be the party symbol for Tamil Nadu’s IMMK, but it can do much more than that
The biggest asteroid of 2021 is going to zoom past Earth tonight flying as fast as 100,000 kmph
OnePlus 9R will be the company’s next affordable smartphone, India launch confirmed for March 23
Popular on BI
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma gets nearly half of new shares as Paytm doubles its ESOP pool ahead of IPO
- Reliance Jio powers ahead of its competitors as India’s broadband connections go past 800 million
- RCB vs CSK: Virat Kohli, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Deepak Chahar will be key players to watch
- The crypto market is struggling to break above the $2 trillion mark
- Ministry of Women and Child Development and Akshara Centre launch a new ad that urges the audience to report child marriages at 1098