Indian Army confirms officer, two soldiers killed in clashes with Chinese soldiers in Ladakh
Indian Armyhas confirmed that three Indian soldiers, including a Commanding Officer were killed during a violent clash with Chinese soldiers in Ladakh.
- The incident happened yesterday, June 15 during the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley.
- Senior military officials of both the countries are currently meeting to defuse the situation.
AdvertisementThree Indian Army men, including an officer, were killed on Monday night during a violent face-off with Chinese People's Liberation Army troops at Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh region.
Indian Army in a statement said, during the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place on Monday night with casualties."
"The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers". Indian Army said.
The force further stated that senior military officials of both the countries are currently meeting at the face-off site to defuse the situation.
On Monday, Brigade Commander and company level talks happened in Eastern Ladakh between India and China.
The talks are happening near patrolling point 14, near the mouth of Galwan Valley and patrolling point 17 at Hot Spring Area.
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge