Indian Army confirms officer, two soldiers killed in clashes with Chinese soldiers in Ladakh
Indian Armyhas confirmed that three Indian soldiers, including a Commanding Officer were killed during a violent clash with Chinese soldiers in Ladakh.
- The incident happened yesterday, June 15 during the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley.
- Senior military officials of both the countries are currently meeting to defuse the situation.
AdvertisementThree Indian Army men, including an officer, were killed on Monday night during a violent face-off with Chinese People's Liberation Army troops at Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh region.
Indian Army in a statement said, during the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place on Monday night with casualties."
"The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers". Indian Army said.
The force further stated that senior military officials of both the countries are currently meeting at the face-off site to defuse the situation.
On Monday, Brigade Commander and company level talks happened in Eastern Ladakh between India and China.
The talks are happening near patrolling point 14, near the mouth of Galwan Valley and patrolling point 17 at Hot Spring Area.
Popular on BI
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO