The Indian Air Force is ready for a two-front war, says Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria
- Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauri asserted that the
Indian Air Force(IAF) is ready for a two-front war.
- Over the last couple of months, India has been facing off against China as well as Pakistan along its northern borders.
- “The IAF is well-positioned to take on China across all theatres,” said the IAF chief.
#WATCH The emerging threat scenario in our neighbourhood & beyond mandates need to have a robust capability to figh… https://t.co/UZqY1QppdU— ANI (@ANI) 1601882195000
“The IAF is ready for any possible conflict, including a two-front war,” he said during a press briefing ahead of the National Air Force day 2020 on October 8.
“The IAF is well positioned to take on China across all theatres,” Bhadauria added. According to him, the recent addition of the Rafale fighter jet into the Indian Armed Forces’ arsenal gives India an edge over its adversaries.
“We have operationalised the recently acquired Rafales, Chinooks and Apaches in record time,” said the IAF chief.
He also highlighted that Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) will remain the IAF’s ‘mainstay’ for at least the next decade or so. “Processes have been set of 6th generation technologies like directed energy, swarm drones, hypersonic weapons and others,” Bhadauri explained.
According to him, the IAF’s position as a credible combat-ready force is critical towards ensuring victory in any future conflict. Last week, Bhadauri also indicated that India’s northern frontiers’ precarious situation is currently ‘uneasy,’ giving it a ‘no war, no peace’ status.
Supreme Court defers loan moratorium case hearing to October 13 — gives RBI and the government another week to file additional affidavits
TCS rallies nearly 5%, shares hit fresh high — board to mull over share buyback and earnings on October 7
Relief rally in bank stocks continues as Supreme Court defers loan moratorium hearing to October 13
Popular on BI
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets
- Removal of commission caps for insurance agents likely to boost innovation, customer-centricity