Jio Fiber's new tariff plans include high speed internet, free television, and unlimited international calling
- Reliance Jio is pegged to launch its broadband service, Jio Fiber, today.
- Jio Fiber plans will start at ₹700 per month and can go as high as ₹10,000.
- It also offers a HD or 4K LED TV and a 4K set-top box free with an annual subscription.
Jio Fiber is pegged to launch today and Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries, might be starting another tariff war -- this time, in the fixed-line broadband industry.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 17% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition (Arctic Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | FHD+ sAMOLED | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime (SM-M215GLBDINS)₹ 11999₹ 14499Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi Note 10S (Shadow Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - Super Amoled Display | 64 MP Quad Camera₹ 13999₹ 16999Buy On
- 31% OFF
Apple iPhone XR (64GB) - Black₹ 32999₹ 47900Buy On
- 3% OFF
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-Core Helio G25 Processor₹ 6799₹ 8499Buy On
Along with announcing the launch of the much awaited Jio Fiber, Ambani opened up a box full of freebies. These new plans will rival that of his own Jio’s ‘free for three months’ plan, which was given out at the time of the launch three years back.
"Fixed line download speed in US around 90 mbps. In India, even the most basic Jio Fiber plan will start at 100 megabits per second (mbps), and we have plans to go as high as 1 gbps. India will have quality of broadband no less than anyone in the world," promised Ambani as he addressed his shareholders at his company's 42nd annual general meeting earlier this month.
AdvertisementAs per his announcements, being a Jio Fiber home will come with the following benefits.
Jio Fiber plans will start at ₹700 a month
Jio Fiber plans will start at ₹700 per month (for a starting speed of 100 mbps) and can go as high as ₹10,000.
A Jio Fiber plan holder will be able to make calls across the country for free. Added to that, those who want to call their relatives or friends in the US and Canada can opt for a Rs 500 per month, unlimited plan.
LED TV free with annual Jio Fiber subscription
Jio Fiber offers a HD or 4K LED TV and a 4K Set-top box free with an annual subscription. Added to that, Ambani promised that their services will come bundled with many OTT platforms.
“We are simplifying the purchase and consumption of content. Keeping track to multiple subscriptions and packs for favourite shows is expensive and cumbersome,” said Ambani.
First day First show
AdvertisementPremium Jio customers will be able to watch a movie on the very day it released, beamed into their homes.
“We call this Jio First day, first show,” said Ambani.
One family, one plan
Jio will also allow seamless connectivity across voice, data and other plans.
The plans will also allow the family to keep track of all the phone bills of family members.
“It will give better control on GBs and allows sharing,” explained Ambani.
Mixed Reality Device
AdvertisementMukesh Ambani's son and daughter Isha Ambani and Akash Ambani along RIL's President Kiran Thomas demonstrated gaming, shopping and learning that is possible via a mixed reality device. A mixed reality device combines the features of virtual reality and augmented reality.
The device used for demonstration will also be available in the market soon, the company management said. Though the price was not revealed, Thomas promised that it will be 'affordable'.
AdvertisementThe complete details of Jio Fiber plans will be announced by September 5, 2019.
How to get Jio Fiber broadband service?
AdvertisementReliance Jio fired up as Mukesh Ambani joins hands with Satya Nadella’s Microsoft to challenge Jeff Bezos in India
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report