DR. SANJAY GUPTA: Smoking Is Not The Best Way To Consume Marijuana
Smoking a joint seems to be the most popular way of using marijuana.
Weed-infused cookies, brownies, and candies — called edibles — have also gained some popularity among recreational users. There's even a prescription medication that contains THC, called dronabinol, and sold as Marinol in the U.S.
But Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a leading neurosurgeon and chief medical correspondent for CNN, says that, medically speaking, these are not the optimal ways to consume cannabis.
Dr. Gupta recently released a documentary, "WEED," exploring the benefits of medical marijuana and its general effects on our brains and bodies.
Watch an excerpt from our interview with himbelow, where he explains the advantages and disadvantages of the different ways to consume marijuana.
Produced by Kamelia Angelova & Robert Libetti
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu